Information Resources

  • For information about perc testing and private residential wells, visit Botetourt County Health Department or call 540-473-8240 
  • Starting a project? Contact Virginia 811 first!  The Virginia 811 call center should be notified by  contractors, property owners, and those planning any kind of excavation or digging. Make sure you allow the required time for marking  and make sure to respect and protect the marks.  Call 811 or 800-552-7001 before you dig. It's the only way to avoid costly mistakes, fines, and even personal injury. Besides, it's the law!

Service Providers

  1. Water/Sewer
  2. Electricity
  3. Natural Gas
  4. Telephone
  5. Internet

Water and Sewage Treatment is available in Botetourt County through the Western Virginia Water Authority, private water systems, and the municipal systems in the Towns of Buchanan, Fincastle and Troutville. Western Virginia Water Authority systems are also located in the communities of Eagle Rock and Glen Wilton.

 Western Virginia Water Authority
Phone: 540-853-5700

Aqua Virginia
Phone: 877-987-2782